[WT-support] Partner Mode - confusion and question

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Nov 7 01:26:42 CET 2006

Tim Duffy K3LR wrote:
> Thanks Olivier! REALTIME partner mode will be perfect. Just like CT Partner mode.
>

> Will also need to do something about the INSERT and + keys so that it is the exact same
> action as CT.
>
> INSERT in CT for CW advances the cursor to the report field and sends the CALL (who you
> are working) +  memory F2 (the report message)
>
> Also the + key for CW must log the QSO and send memory F3 (the qrz message)
>
> I think this is key mapping or is it easier?
>
> I hope this is not a problem for WinTest to act the same as CT on CW memories so our
> operators will not suffer confusion in the heat of the battle!

By default, Win-Test would (will) operate CW exactly the same way than
CT does, the operators wouldn't even don't see any difference. If any,
they can customize the messages and the behaviours at their convenience.
See the url Larry sent to you in the above message for more informations
on how to changes messages and behaviours using the CW variables.

Vy important:

  - all messages, including INS and + can be modified to fit your needs.

  - if you don't want to send QSOB4 in case of dupe, edit the message in
INS (SHIFT+INS, or "Options | CW | Modify Standard Message") and remove
the variable "$QSOB4" from it.

You have several settings the operators should take a look before the
contest in menus:

  - "Options | CW"

  - "Tools | Intelligent Quick QSL"

  - "Tools | Automatic CQ repeat" (for 160 and 10...)

Of course, every ops are welcome to download the trial version to train
with before the battle.

I also strongly suggest to activate automatic guessing (it is especially
interesting from USA because you mainly work DX only) in "Tools | Data
Entry | Exchange Guessing". That way, you will even practically never
have to press the SPACE bar...

HTH

73,
--