[WT-support] Partner Mode - confusion and question

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Sat Nov 4 17:27:35 CET 2006

HI Larry:

Thanks for your response. PARTNER mode is a critical feature for multi ops (multi
single and multi two as well)

I think the M/M operation from Stateside is different than Caribbean like your team at
FY5KE.

Pileups are not near as big.
The problem in the USA is hearing several weak signals at the same time.

There are usually only 2 stations on each band for USA multi ops.
If the run station cannot copy a signal, usually
the second station will get a partial call because of antennas or other radios.
They are usually only guesses with a letter/number or 2 parts of a call.

Since you don't have an entire call to enter, you
are typing 2 or 3 letters out of sequence.
By the time you do this, and hit Alt-Enter, it is
too late for the run guy to efficiently process because time is critical.

If you have the information in REAL TIME, it is
easier for the run station to take the letters and ask for a fill.

CT will do this without effort and we had used it effectively for many years.
We tried your partner method in WinTest so we would make sure to give it a chance last
weekend.

Is it possible for you to retain the current WT partner mode for
multiple partners, while having the REAL TIME for one partner?
This would be the best of both worlds and WinTest gets even better!

Thanks for all,
73,
Tim K3LR