[WT-support] Bug on TX frequency during split operations in ADIF file

Tim Ellison tellison at itsco.com
Mon Mar 6 01:41:45 CET 2006

I just finished working the ARRL DX SSB contest and just imported my
contest log into my station log and I noticed a problem.

On 40 meters, US stations work a lot of split where the RX is in the low
portion of 40 meters (7.025-7.100) where TX is in the upper portion of
the band (7.150-7.300).

When WT records the frequency in the database, it saves the "frequency"
as the one listed by VFO A, which is the RX VFO in the case of split
operation.  Now that I have imported my contest log using ADIF, I have a
bunch of QSOs logged at a frequency where I am not legally able to
operate.  It also makes QSLing a little difficult since I do not know
what my TX frequency was for the QSO.

I was wondering if the following changes could be made.

1.) Make a database structure change for recording the FREQ_RX (as
defined by ADIF version 2) in addition to the FREQ during a contest.
Also add an additional field for BAND_RX (also defined by ADIF version
2) for split band operation.

2.) If rig control is active, WT "knows" when you are working split
(split is displayed in VFO B window).  If working split, record the RX
frequency as the one from VFO A and the TX frequency as VFO B.  Also
update the BAND_RX field with the correct band derived from the FREQ_RX
value.

3.) If SPLIT is not active, or there is no rig control, record the
frequency captured for the QSO (VFO A?) in both the RX and TX frequency
fields.  Also the BAND and BAND_RX fields should be updated
appropriately.

4.) During ADIF export enter the TX frequency in the ADIFv2 FREQ field
and the RX frequency in the ADIFv2 FREQ_TX field.  Also add the ADIFv2
BAND_RX to the ADIF export file.

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison <mailto:tellison at itsco.com>
Integrated Technical Services <http://www.itsco.com/>
Apex, NC USA
919.674.0044 Ext. 25 / 919.674.0045 (FAX)
919.215.6375 - cell
Skype: kg4rzy