[WT-support] Win-Test in RSGB AFS Contest

g4irn at ntlworld.com g4irn at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 15 09:57:30 CET 2006

Hi Ollie

I tried recreating the problem described below on my version 8 winkey chip yesterday. Over a ten minute period the problem occurred about 6 to8 times. There seemed to be no sequence of events that led up to the error, i.e.
apparently it occured at random.

I then placed a version 10 chip into my Winkey unit and repeated the same exercise. The error did not occur. Since the error appears to occur at random, I cannot be 100% confident that it has been cured, however the initial indications are that it is OK now. I will monitor the situation next time I use it. I suspect that this firmware upgrade will fix the problem since you have no one else reporting the same error.

73, John. G4IRN.