[WT-support] Data files

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Dec 3 14:36:52 CET 2006

Hi again

G3SJJ a écrit :

> 1 What format? Eg  G3SJJ Chris or G3SJJ/Chris or G3SJJ-Chris ?

Callsign (spaces ou tabs) Data

so...

G3SJJ Chris

(One callsign / data record per line of course)

The data are not even limited to single words.

> 2 -How do I save to .XDT ? Excel or Notepad will only save to .txt and
> renaming just produces extension   filename.xdt.txt

I suggest you to install and use a *real* text editor. It is very useful
and much more adapted for this kind of job. ConText is a very powerful
free text editor (http://www.context.cx/).

In the meantime, to "force" Notepad to use the name you want, just enter
"foo.xdt" (quotes included) as filename. IIRC, it should work.

73

Larry - F6FVY