[WT-support] Turn OFF default 59/599 reports in Win-test

Simon Pearson lists+1 at attenuate.org
Thu Sep 8 10:06:43 CEST 2005

[...]
> the major negative feature in this software is the default
> addition of spurious 59/599 signal reports. Is it possible to
> turn this 'feature' off and allow the operator to key the report
> he sends and receives without resort to the DEL/BS key?

I thought this feature was pretty much standard in all logging
software, hence why Win-Test also automatically fills in the RS/RST
fields with 59/599 respectively.

If you are in the callsign entry field, and press the TAB key, the
cursor is moved to the '9', and all you need do is enter the correct
signal report received. For example, enter DL1AAA, press tab, and
the cursor will be on the '9' of '59'. Just press '5', and the
report will be automatically changed to '55', instead of '59' - no
backspace or delete key needs to be pressed.

Or am I misunderstanding?

73,

--
Simon Pearson M0CLW