[WT-support] TRX Control for FT990

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Oct 11 08:02:54 CEST 2005

Franta Bendl wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> tnx for you answer.
>
> I wrote today afternoon a small programm (java) to control the TRX with
> restricted set of commands (set vfo/qrg/mode/filter) and to show the set
> data. There is no problem at all. Unfortunately I don't know the logic, how
> WT makes it. Can you send me this peace of your code to check and to compare
> it on my site. I can send you my programm if you are interested.

Sorry I cannot read Java :(

I suggest to download and install a serial sniffer, that way you will be
able to understand how WT communicates with the radio. You can get
PortMon on sysinternals.com for free:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Portmon.html

BTW, I'm afraid that first version of the protocol of the FT-990 is
quite identical to the first FT-1000D one: all the needed informations
are not available (or the amount of data to transfert is too important)
and it is why they are not supported. Anyway, I wonder if there is
another popular logging software which does support your FT-990.

73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn