[WT-support] CQWW CW

Dominik Bugmann hb9czf at swiss-artg.ch
Mon Nov 28 09:25:03 CET 2005

Hi

A few observations during CQWW CW. I only played the first few hours and
Sunday afternoon/evening.

I saw several reports that the CW speed can change without touching any
ALT-F9/F10 or Winkey (was using microHAM with Winkey v8 and WT 2.20). It
always happend while I was running and messed up entering a callsign. So far
I narrowed it down to the key in the area of Pause, F12, INS, DEL, Home,
End, Page Up, Page Down and Backspace. Every time it happend the speed went
down a bit. I have the option "Independant speed between pot and comp"
ticket.
I guess WT tried to tell me I should try slower if I can't keep up with the
pile up (roughly 150Q/hr).

I think the variable $CORRECT does not always work as I expected.
- Entered HB9AA, pressed INS and later correct to HB9AB. During "+"-phase
the corrected HB9AB was resent (HB9AB TU HB9CZF)
- In case I worked HB9AB on a different band before the $CORRECT message was
not sent.

4U60UN is not scored correctly. Mult shows ---- (didn't check the country
files yet).

Window "QSY Wizard" speaks French in the headline of the window. Pas de
problem pour moi.

Unfortunately I found no time to wire and try EZMaster which arrived two
days before the contest :-( but I give it a try during the HB9 XMAS contest
(a really slow contest compared to CQWW).

Regarding CQWW: I was amazed about the performance of the 40m band Sunday
evening. VK, ZL, JA, KH2 booming in while the first W were heard (their
local noon) and the EU's were weak. Guess the MUF was very low.

During the 12 hours I spent in CQWW Win-Test worked like a star although I'm
still in learning-mode.

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF