[WT-support] Contest operating

Jess Young w8jy at starband.net
Fri Mar 11 20:26:52 CET 2005

Last weekend I worked my first contest using Win-test.  This is
absolutely the best contest
logging program I have ever used.  With a 19" monitor set to high
resolution, I could easily
display all the necessary windows, and it was certainly nice to have all
that information
available at a glance.

I have a suggestion for a minor addition:  When viewing the Radio 1
window, the bandmap
works fine, as it scrolls when the radio is tuned.  When running a
frequency, I prefer to
use the list screen rather than having to tune the radio to scroll the
frequencies.  I would
be nice to have a scroll bar on the list window to be able to see all
the spots on a band
without re-tuning the radio.

I don't know if it is a program bug or something I have not set up
correctly, but on 40 meters,
using my Orion, when I click on a spot, it always sets whichever VFO I
have set on transmit,
not the receive VFO.  I played around with the split window, but had no
luck in solving the
problem.  Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Larry, your FY5KE team did a great job in the contest - thanks for
contacts on 5 bands.

Thanks,

Jess, W8JY