[WT-support] IOTA Contest upgrade ?

Laurent Fontaine fontaine.l at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 27 15:49:56 CEST 2005

Hi all,

just before planning the participation on the next IOTA contest, I've trying
to simulate the loggin software with G's pile-up. Everybody knows it's very
important to run a maximum of G's and maximum others IOTA multipliers to
optimise the QSO/Pts ratio. (each contact with IOTA count 15 points except
that, if you are on a island, contacts with your own IOTA reference count 3
points and contacts with non-island stations count also 3 points.)

BTW, why WinTest can't automatically "EU005" when you put G station or
"NA107" when you log FM5, with the possibility to change de IOTA ref ? (like
SDI by EI5DI)  Curiously, in this configuration, if you forget the IOTA
reference, the software accept logging G without IOTA reference and of
course valid only 3 points QSO !

I don't know if a upgrade is possible before saturday, but for a log have
more than 40% of G's stations, input manually "EU005" for each contact can
not contribute to optimise the final score !

Thank and best regards,
Laurent F5MUX/P