[WT-support] WAEDC Tests de A61AJ

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Jul 17 20:09:27 CEST 2005

Halo!

> Good:
> Both imported logs showed the correct QSOs and multiplier counts. QTCs were
> counted OK with the non-EU log but with the EU log all QTCs were lost. This
> may be due to a Cabrillo formatting issue. I did not look into this matter
> any further.

I tested to reimport into Win-Test a cabrillo made by itself and it
worked. Could you send me a sample of your cabrillo file?

> Bug:
> After I had logged a non-EU station, the program always repeated to transmit
> QTCs starting from the QSO thereafter. Specifically, I logged PY2NY as QSO #22.
> At QSO #28 I logged DK3YD. DK3YD asked for QTCs and after pressing ctrl-L
> I saw QSOs 23..27 listed for QTC traffic. I give out QSOs 23..27 to DK3YD.
> At QSO #29 I logged DK2OY. I press ctrl-L and the QTC mask presented again
> QSOs 23..28 to send as QTCs. This is incorrect; instead, it should have only
> presented QSO #28.

100% right (of course)! Chris DL1MGB reported the same thing but I guess
we could search for a long time if you didn't pointed out that the
problem happens only after a non-EU callsign is logged!

> Wishes:
> a) I inadvertedly pressed "Validate" while sending QTCs to DL2NBU. The QTC window
> closed and I could not finish sending the QTCs. The QTCs were marked as "sent"
> in my log but DL2NBU had no chance to copy them. I would prefer to be able to
> open this window again to continue passing the QTCs.

I think it could be combined with the point f) (DL1MGB's suggestion). I
going to work on this.

> b) While transmitting the QTCs [INS] should additionally go to the next line so
> that when a QTC is confirmed by the receiving station, you just press [INS] again
> to continue. [+] should tranansmit "TU A61AJ" and not only "TU".

Hmmm in fact I even don't know/understand/remember why [INS] does not
already work that way! BTW, I guess that <CR> will have no more interest...

Here, the "+" key well sends "TU A61AJ" ... Another issue?

> c) Wintest should not allow sending or receiving QTCs to/from a station which is
> not yet in the log.

Someone else requested to be able to open the QTC window even if the QSO
is not logged in yet (because sometimes the QSO starts first with the
QTCs exchanges, and after that the report with serial number exhange).
Difficult to make everybody happy! :)

--- 8< --- [snip]

73,
--