[WT-support] SO2R Questions

Steve London n2ic at arrl.net
Tue Feb 8 01:45:49 CET 2005

Hi - I'm sure many of you have seen CT1BOH's latest write-up on Win-Test on the
CQ-Contest reflector.  After looking at the documentation, I have a few questions:

- Is there a CW variable that will send a message to the connected radio to
clear the RIT ?  This is a very handy feature that works very well with a
Kenwood radio.  It's also very nice to have keyboard access to the RIT so you
don't have to keep reaching for that tiny RIT knob.  Brand "T" contest software
does this very well.

- Does the headphone control ($R1R2, etc.) only work with a EZMaster box ?  Or
are there other ways to use this feature without requiring an additional
proprietary box, such as through a COM or LPT port ?  This would be very useful
for those of us who already have our own homebrew SO2R boxes.

- What is the AltGR key in Win-Test ?  On my USA English keyboard, is it the Alt
key that is just to the right of the space bar ?  Or ctrl-alt, or ... ?

Thanks,
Steve, N2IC