[WT-support] TBDC observations, ideas and comments

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Dec 18 22:09:37 CET 2005

Hi Ben

Tnx for your very useful and valuable report.

Ben DL6RAI a écrit :

> I called SN2N's attention when I
> told him, the QTH he passed out was in Sweden (JO68). Later he
> corrected it to JO94.

Funny !

<sidenote>
http://f6fvy.free.fr/qthLocator/

To get your gridsquare click on your house !
</sidenote|

> When trying to enter W3YYY on 1821.2 into the band map,
> the UR5XXX entry disappeared, the reason being that Win-Test believes
> that the frequency was in fact taken over by W3YYY - when it actually
> was not. Is there a chance to implement a featuere which lets you
> configure the minimum distance in kHz before the new entry overwrites
> the old entry?

Actually, the freq difference must be over 500 Hz for now. We will
consider to make it settable.

> Why, actually, can't Win-Test keep track of
> this information when I enter the call into the bandmap? So that
> when I finally log the contact, the information is already "guessed".

Got it. Noted.

> The DUPE message says:
>
> * DUPE with #301 at 07:10z today (000) *
>
> Shouldn't it actually say:
>
> * DUPE with #301 at 07:10z today (FN32) *
>                                  ^^^^^^<- rcvd exchange

To be checked (and fixed !).

> Is the structure of the .DTB files public? Looking at the files,
> it seems pretty straightforward:
>
> Record Length: 26 bytes
>
>     Byte 0..13: Callsign, NULL terminated
>     Byte 14..25: pre-guessed Exchange, NULL terminated
>
> No specific order of the callsigns.
>
> If that is the whole story,

Yes, it is ! Pretty easy, no ?!

> then is there a tool available to create
> one's own DTB file from e.g. different Cabrillo files?

What do you mean exactly ? You have the "File / Updata database" menu to
update the current database with the opened log. If you want to make own
database from scratch, just create an empty database file, and update it.

73

Larry - F6FVY