[WT-support] Win-Test 2.21.0 is in the vault

Simon Pearson lists+wt at attenuate.org
Thu Dec 8 12:45:23 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:30 -0000, Don Beattie wrote:
> There still is a minor problem with WinKey - not sure if it will be a
> major one in a long contest. If you set WT to send CW at a particular
> speed, and send a message, and then, after the message has ended, turn
> the knob to speed up or down, the paddle keying deviates from the
> keyboard speed. You can bring it to the correct speed by sending from
> the keyboard again, and then the paddle falls in line OK.

Whilst this might sound daft, are you sure you don't have the "independent
speed between pot and COM port" setting enabled in Win-Test?
Options->WinKey configuration.

I notice some irregularities with speed:

I created a new log file, CQWW CW, and interfaced the WinKey. I then
edited the F1 CW message to read: $MYCALL ++++TEST----

Pressing F1 first time is fine, and the "TEST" is sped up. However, on
subsequent presses of F1, the "TEST" is not speeded up and is sent at
the same speed as the rest of the message.

The only way I can overcome the issue is to change the CW speed either
using the speed POT on the MicroKeyer itself or in Win-Test using
Alt-F9/F10. For example, if sending at 34wpm, I will have to do Alt-F9
to take the speed down to 32wpm, followed by Alt-F10 which will put the
speed back to 34wpm - I have to do this each time before sending the
subsequent message for the speeded up parts to work, however.

Any ideas? Using the WinKey in the MicroKeyer.

73,

--
Simon Pearson, M0CLW
WWYC #452