[WT-support] Talking to TNC's

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Aug 8 13:12:47 CEST 2005

Hi Ian

Ian J Maude a écrit :

> I can get the cluster stuff working over IP and this is fine.  How do I
> get to 'talk' to a TNC?  I can set up for a TNC on a port but other than
> using hyperterm to talk to the TNC I am not sure what to do.  Having
> attempted this I seem to be able to send to the cluster but nothing got
> displayed in the spots window or on the frequency chart for the radio.

If you want to use a TNC, you just have to setup a COM port for that in
the Options / Interfaces setup dialog. Set the right speed, data bits,
parity, stop bits, etc... To check what settings to be used, you can use
Hyperterminal, but it MUST be stopped before using the same port with WT
(Windows doesn't natively allow to share a COM port between several
applications).

To talk to the TNC, use the usual Alt-T window. You will get the raw
data stream from the TNC in the Alt-O window.

Tip of the day : If you want to send an "Escape" char to the TNC, enter
a Ctrl-E in the Alt-T window. It will be transcoded in an Escape char
(Ascii code 27).

73

Larry - F6FVY