[WT-support] SSB voice keyer question?

F6IFY f6ify at free.fr
Wed Sep 22 12:29:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

 The best would be to have radio one on left channel and radio two on right
(or vice-versa), the soft might send the audio on corresponding stereo
channel. Of course you need a stereo sound card.
PTT is the most important for SO2R, even if the audio is on both microphone
input. For audio reception (and recording) or PTT the multi-keyer (or a
simple relay on parallel port) do the job.
I have made some test but not really used in SSB contest.
Advice about ground loop is very important. Take care also about the level
and impedance at the TX microphone input. Old ICOM radio need only 10mV and
Soundcard output can do 1V peak/peak. A simple 100:1 resistance divider
could be use in this case.

Regards
73 de Philippe - F6IFY

P.S.: Désolé d'écrire en (mauvais) anglais mais la Netiquette l'impose pour
une liste internationale.