[WT-support] SSB Messages and Keying

John Coleman vk6nu at arach.net.au
Sat Sep 11 14:52:35 CEST 2004

Hi Larry/Oliver and WT users

Thanks for the info, I will experiment with the WAV files. The keying issue
I cannot get to work the way I want. I want to use Com 1 only for voice
keying so I can use my existing interface that works with all my other
programs. My Com port 4 is my Rig1 control which works fine. When I try to
set Com 1 to key the rig as the voice keyer it will not allow me to do this
as I must have Rig 1 selected in Com 1 to activate the keyer.(Rig 1 is
already set in Com 4). The program will not allow me to have Rig1 selected
on 2 com ports. If I disable Com 4 and have rig 1 selected in Com 1 it will
send the DVK messages fine but then I have no Rig control. I would have to
make up a new lead and use Com1 to use DVK and Rig Control which I don't
want to do unless I have to. Is it possible to dedicate one Com port alone
to DVK via Soundcard and one Com port alone to Rig 1 Control. this way
people can use their existing leads.  I am not sure how other users feel
about this but I think most people would have seperate leads for their sound
card keying and their rig control but I may be wrong. The way it operates at
the moment You have to use the same com port for Rig control and DVK as the
Option does not open up in Network, TNC, W5XD Multi keyer and if I select
RIG 2 for Com port 1  it keys up the RIG 1 all the time. Hope all this makes
sense. I am looking at this from a new users point of view who has  been
using 2 com ports 1 for PSK31, RTTY etc via Soundcard and 1 for Rig control.
At the moment WT will not allow this user to use the DVK without making up a
new combined DVK/Rig control lead which I presume would work ok. Maybe
others just use 1 Com port for PTT and Rig Control ????!!!!!..

Happy to hear other users comments on how their systems work.

73 John VK6NU

PS I have been using the program for WAE today. The more I use it the more I
like it.