[WT-support] [Fwd: RE Wintest]

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Sep 9 11:21:34 CEST 2004

[Mail also forwarded to the WT-support list as it might be of interest
for other users]

Hi Danny

Thanks for ur interest in Win-Test.

> I have downloaded the trial version but there is no specific
> information about LPT setup for SO2R(dx-doubler) under Windows XP.

First of all, using LPT and serial ports pins under WinNT, 2000 or XP
requires the installation of DLPORTIO.DLL, if not already done.

It can be found here :

http://www.driverlinx.com/DownLoad/DlPortIO.htm

Don't be surprised by its size : In fact the actual code installed and
operating is tiny compared to the size of the zip file. You must be
administrator of your machine to install it.

The Radio A / Radio B switch pin is #14 (like TR if I remember well).
The CW pin is #17, and the PTT one is #16, as usual.
Band data informations can be found on pins #2, #7, #8 and #9.

For now, there is no paddle keyer inputs.

> As well  voice keyer does not work on my laptop with XP. There is also
> no info about potential setup problems of voice keyer in the manual.

I guess you mean 'internal' voice keyer (aka w/soundcard) ? Just tick
the appropriate box in the Interfaces dialog, open a log in Phone or
Mixed category, use Shift-F1 to Shift-F7 to record, and F1 to F7 to play
back. Esc aborts the current message playback if needed.

If you're using an external voice keyer (no special setup in Interfaces
dialog is required), Win-Test can only handle 4 messages interfaced with
LPT pins #3, #4, #5, #6 like CT (or others) does.

> I realy like your software and wish I can set it up for CQWW SSB as PJ4J.

Have fun there !

73

Larry - F6FVY