[WT-support] SSB messages

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Sep 4 21:40:54 CEST 2004

Hi Marcel

Marcel Jorba a écrit :

> If I do it with my existing files (those used with
> writelog) it sound horrible (very slow)

In fact, the WT voice keyer hasn't been designed to read any
off-the-shelf voice snippets generated by other softwares.

This 'horrible' sound can be caused by a different audio file format
used by WriteLog, not yet supported by WT. For example, it might use a
compression scheme not handled by WT.

FYI, the WT audio files I use here for tests are sampled at 8000 Hz,
Mono, 16 bit data. As Pete N4ZR already mentionned, it could be a good
idea to open the WriteLog files with Audacity (or another audio file
editor) and to convert then in a WT-compatible format (hint : Backup
your original audio files before proceeding ;-) ).

Best 73

Laurent - F6FVY