[WT-support] Win-Test "no response" every hour

dk4wa at darc.de dk4wa at darc.de
Fri Jun 16 19:07:50 CEST 2023

Hi Larry,

Thank you! We will be doing this.

73 Andy, DK4WA

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. Juni 2023 13:18
An: dk4wa at darc.de; win-test support <support at win-test.com>
Betreff: Re: [WT-support] Win-Test "no response" every hour

Hi Andy

Le 15/06/2023 à 11:01, dk4wa at darc.de a écrit :

> Does Win-Test write data to disk every hour so that "no response" appears or something else?

There is no particular operation at each hour.

Please check if it's not related to an automatic backup (options / Automatic backup...) ? It should not interfere as it runs in a separate thread, but who knows ?

Also, don't you have an external disk/file sync program running - like OneDrive or something like - that that could interfere and block WT for some reason ?

Finally, if you still have access to Windows while it's blocked (I think so), you may try to get more information by running Sysinternals Process Explorer https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Hope this helps.

73

Larry - F6FVY

--

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Végèce, Epitoma Rei Militaris