[WT-support] Win-Test "no response" every hour

dk4wa at darc.de dk4wa at darc.de
Thu Jun 15 11:01:37 CEST 2023

Dear all,

First of all thank you for Win-Test. We are using and enjoying it since 2005, for nearly 20 years now.

In the CQ WPX CW we (Multi/Multi @DP9A) noticed that Win-Test had "no response" (in German: "Keine Rückmeldung" on the top bar)
once every hour and hung for about ~1 minute.

It was always:
at 14 minute on computer 1,
at 17 minute on computer 2,
at 21 minute on computer 3,
during the whole 48 hours.

Probably depending on when Win-Test or the PC was started.

We're not sure if it's a win test or windows issue. We wanted to report this, because it caused trouble again and again (operation was blocked).

Does Win-Test write data to disk every hour so that "no response" appears or something else?

73 Andy, DK4WA / DP9A