[WT-support] Parallel Port Issues

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Dec 29 02:06:03 CET 2023

Please send me your WT.INI file so I can look for configuration errors.

K3 Keying via DTR=CW and RTS=PTT requires CONFIG:PTT-KEY to be set to
RTS-DTR in the K3 menu.  You also have to specify "Active with: Radio 1" in
the configuration dialog, not "Active with:  Both".  PTT lead time should
be non-zero especially if VOX is OFF.

To key via DX Doubler (LPT), first set CONFIG:PTT-KEY to OFF-OFF, and set
DTR=Always Off, RTS=Always Off for the K3 COM port.

Connect the DX Doubler's Radio 1 CW output cable to the K3 KEY jack (not
PADDLES).

Connect the DX Doubler's Radio 2 cable to the FT1000MP KEY jack.  This must
be a 6.35mm STEREO (TRS) plug, not MONO.  Only Tip and Shield should be
connected, with no connection on RING.

You have to enable VOX and disable the FT1000MP internal keyer since this
rig doesn't have separate KEY and PADDLE jacks.  The KEYER light below the
FT-1000MP SUB VFO B knob must NOT be illuminated..  You cannot easily use
the internal keyer of the FT-1000MP and external keying via Win-Test at the
same time.

Finally use Windows Device Manager to verify that you are using the correct
LPT Port Address, as documented here:

https://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Printer_Ports

You should also have the correct version of DLPortio.dll:

*01/20/2011  01:07 AM            98,304 dlportio.dll*